Although I have written out a lot of steps, this is a VERY simple recipe (and as you'll come to learn, I only like simple recipes) and the batter is made with ingredients you already have on hand.
1 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tbsp butter*
1/3 cup Nutella*
1/2 cup fresh raspberries*
*approximate, no need to measure these out
1. Preheat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, and salt until it forms a smooth batter. (You can also use the blender, but either way, make sure to mix completely to avoid any clumps.)
3. Melt a cube of butter in the pan.
4. Add 1/4 cup batter & tilt the pan to form an even coating of batter on the bottom (I don't have a nonstick skillet, so I used my griddle instead which made for crepes that were definitely not uniform circles.)
5. About 1 minute later, the batter should be set and slightly browned. This means it's time to flip. Using a spatula, carefully loosen the edges and flip it over.
6. Cook the other side the same way, for about 1 minute.
7. Repeat with remaining batter.
8. Spread about 1/2 tbsp of Nutella on each crepe, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
9. Line 3-4 raspberries along the center.
|Nutella all over my fingers. Yum.|
11. Cut each crepe in half & dust with powdered sugar...and you're done!
Obviously you can use anything you'd like for the filling, but I already had the Nutella on hand and was in the mood for chocolate. :)
Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis' recipe. All photos taken by my photog mom.