Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beauty Products I Love

Pin It



I've had a lot of ideas for blog posts over the last month or so, but haven't gotten around to writing anything with the holidays and studying for my boards (which I took yesterday and am still anxiously awaiting the results). I decided that I love hearing about products people use that aren't normally all over the media, so I figure some of you will too. Here are a few beauty products I've fallen in love with over the years, mostly through spending time in Dermatology before PA school. Enjoy.

My favorite beauty adjunct is my Clarisonic. It's made by the same people who make the Sonicare toothbrushes, so it's expensive ($150-$200), but it works and lasts forever. It helps to decrease acne, fine lines & wrinkles, and gets your skin really clean. It works in the shower or at the sink, it works with any face wash, and it has different brushes for sensitive skin, normal skin, or body. I could go on and on about this product, but I'll leave you with their official website instead.

via

Aquaphor is amazing. It's a thick, clear moisturizer that's great for chapped lips, really dry skin, and even for healing wounds (instead of antibiotic ointment). I use it daily on my lips as it makes them shiny, but also helps them stay moisturized. It's my go-to for any cuts or small areas of dry skin too.

via

Another moisturizer (for all over body) is Cerave Cream. It's made with ceramides which are the natural moisturizing component found in your skin, so it works with your body better than any other moisturizer I've tried. It's great for everyday use, and it's also a great idea for those with eczema. I use it once or twice a day (depending on when I remember) and I still feel silky smooth 24 hours later.

via

My most recent skincare find is Aczone. It's (unfortunately) a prescription product for acne, but recent research has shown that it also works to decrease oil production. It goes on with a matte finish, and I could tell after less than a week that I was having less oil in my T-zone throughout the day. Love love love. Maybe one day it won't require a prescription, but there's no harm in asking about it next time you go see your primary care practitioner or dermatologist!

via
Last, but not least, I found this tip on Pinterest, and it's another GREAT way to help with oil in your T-zone. I used to have to use the expensive blotting papers and would need 2 a day some days (gross, I know). I now take a few extra napkins when I get my Starbucks fix and use those instead. They work surprisingly well and are completely free (when you buy your $5 coffee).

via

What are some of your favorite beauty products? 

-KB

Disclaimer: These are only my opinions. I have not been compensated and only recommend these products as I have found they work for me. Anything can have adverse effects and may not be for everyone. 

1 comment:

  1. I second the Aquaphor recommendation. When I worked in the lab and had to glove up and wash my hands about two dozen times a day they would be so dry that my knuckles would crack and bleed. I applied the Aquaphor at night and in two days my hands were soft and healed.
    MB-L

    ReplyDelete

 

kiss, laugh, & dream | Copyright © 2012 | Powered by Blogger | Blog Designed By Little Homemade Designs