Tuesday, March 13, 2012

DIY Beach Spray

Pin It

I love beachy waves, and they seem to be the new thing. I've bought spray gels before since I have naturally wavy hair, and then I found this recipe on Pinterest for a DIY beach spray based on the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. 

I can't see myself paying $18 for a 4 oz hair product. (As I've said before, I'm frugal.) I tend to make a lot of DIY beauty products, and here's another!

I had a bottle of 8 oz spray gel which I just ran out of, so I used that bottle. 

Add 4 tablespoons of epsom salts and 4 squirts of water-based gel (I chose a gel marketed for waves/curls) to the bottle. 
Then, add a little bit of hot water. 
Shake with lid on to dissolve the salt and gel. 
Gradually add more hot water, shaking between each addition. 

Spray in hair, wet or dry, scrunch with your hands and voila! Beachy waves for less than $1! 

Make sure to shake before each application to ensure the contents are thoroughly dissolved.

------------------------------------------------
Today I'm linking up with Dutch Being Me for her weekly Pinterest Challenge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

kiss, laugh, & dream | Copyright © 2012 | Powered by Blogger | Blog Designed By Little Homemade Designs