Monday, December 5, 2011

52 Weeks of Pinterest - Week #1

If you haven't discovered Pinterest, I'd have to say you're missing out. It's the best website for using your creative side. Since I joined the site (4 or 5 months ago) I've probably only done about 5% of the things I've pinned, but I have every intention of using my "Decorate It" board as ideas to decorate my new apartment, using my "Make It" board to be crafty, and my "Style It" board to eventually fill my closet with all the amazing outfits I've pinned.

For now though, I have documented the pins I've actually tried on my "Done & Done" board, and have decided to Link Up with the 52 Weeks of Pinterest on Dutch Being Me to challenge myself to complete at least one creation or recipe each week for a full year. The link up started back in September, but I'm just now starting, so we'll see if I can do it for a whole year! (Thanks to Jen at Home for Three for inspiring me to start this link up!)

Last week I made an infinity scarf out of a t-shirt (inspired by My World - Made By Hand). It was very easy, just cutting the shirt below the arms and above the bottom seam. Then stretching until you can't stretch anymore. Mine was a small t-shirt to begin with, so it didn't stretch as much as I would like, so next time I'll use a large or extra-large. I still really like it though! Here's my creation: 


I also made my own hair ties out of old tights (inspired by Yangarella). Another easy idea that just required scissors and tights. The only negative with this one is that the hair ties stretch out after wearing them, so they don't stay as tight as you may want them if you're exercising. One pair of tights made 35-45 hair ties. Here are my new grey hair ties: 

Left: original, Right: stretched out after a few uses 

BOTH of these were completely free and didn't require using anything other than old material and a pair of scissors!

Now I need to figure out what to do this week...


-KB

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete

 

kiss, laugh, & dream | Copyright © 2012 | Powered by Blogger | Blog Designed By Little Homemade Designs